Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Umbrellas as Booth Decor

Watch for inexpensive patio umbrellas at yard sales. They are great eye-catching additions to indoor or outdoor booths.

Remove the old icky fabric and redo them. You don't have to do an expert seamstress job. I have seen some examples where they draped, glued, and/or stapled fabric or lace tablecloths over the top and it looked fabulous. If the original umbrella fabric is in good shape, you might just add some interesting fringe or trim. 

Take a look at these examples - 

Source

Source

Source

Source



Source

Source
Source Unknown :-( 

Source

Source

Source


PS - I'm so sorry to have neglected my blog for so long.  My husband is still battling lung cancer.  He's hanging in there and about to start a fairly new treatment - immunotherapy.  He's doing better than expected right now, thanks to wonderful doctors and the prayers of many - people we know and love and also from people we've never met.  You are welcome to follow along on our facebook page and/or our blog.   Rudy (my hubby) spends plenty of time each day sleeping in his recliner.  When he's sleeping, I try to be still and quiet. The best quiet activity for me is to work on the computer - it's almost therapeutic.  It's fairly easy to fit in quick posts to the VIntage Showoff Facebook Page, but I hardly ever have a good block of time (or energy) to do a full out post for the blog.  I really love this blog, so I hope you'll all stick with me as I try to keep posting now and then. Having someone you love diagnosed with cancer certainly is life-changing and it's not all in a bad way.  I have found myself becoming more clear about what I need/want/like and what I don't.